It is hard to believe, but it was two months ago that I posted my first blog!
1. Be sure to discuss your backing needs with you builder so that the framer will include it in his/her quote.
2. Make sure your interior designer has identified any backing needed with the interior design plan.
3. Make sure you take a photograph showing the location of the backing once it is installed in the wall. Give a reference measurement so the location can be identified once covered with drywall.
4. Do not skimp on the size of the wood you are using for backing.
5. Do not forget the items mounted in the ceiling that need backing as well as those mounted on the walls.
Items to consider for backing include:
Ceiling or wall mounted projectors
Drop down screens
Shower curtain rod
Toilet paper holder
Towel bar, rings, hooks
Cabinets above toilet
Decorative hanging pieces
Wall mounted corner cabinet
Athletic equipment racks
Garage door motor
Garage door tracks
Tool holders mounted on the wall
Clothes hooks or robe hooks
Broom, mop holder
Ironing board holder
Curtain tie backs
Game, fish, and other trophies
If you can think of other items that need backing, leave them in a comment. Blessings. ...Susan